New England Corn And Lobster Chowder With Summer Truffles
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ears fresh shucked corn kernels removed
- 2 large yellow onions chopped
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 lobsters - (abt 1 1/2 lbs ea) split in half
- lengthwise and cleaned
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 quart lobster stock
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans trimmed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Truffle oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley plus
- extra for a garnish
- Fresh chopped black summer truffles
Use a deep stock pot to melt the butter and saute the corn, onions, celery, and carrots. Add the chicken stock and reduce by about one-half. Add the cream and reduce further by about one-half. Add the thyme sprigs and set aside.
Season the lobsters with salt and pepper. Grill them until the meat becomes white, then allow to cool and remove the meat. Use the lobster shells to make your stock, then use it to blanch the lobster claws for about five minutes, reserving the stock afterward. Allow the claws to cool, then pick out the meat.
Blanch the green beans in the lobster stock, then remove them and place in a saute pan with cream, truffle oil, and chopped parsley. Keep this warm and reserve the lobster stock.
Place the creamed corn back over medium high heat until it simmers, then check for seasoning. Use a saute pan and a small amount of the lobster stock to warm the picked lobster meat and the chopped, grilled tail meat.
Spoon the creamed corn into individual bowls. Arrange the green beans around the edge of each bowl. Divide the lobster meat among the bowls. Shave the fresh truffles over each bowl and finish by garnishing with chopped parsley.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Velouté Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Piroshki Variation 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garfish Mississippi 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fried Squirrel With Onion Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Clams 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Clamburgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Turkey Breast With Tons Of... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)