Mushrooms À La Grecque
- 1 pound small button mushrooms*
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (or 1/8 tspn dried thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano (or 1/8 tspn dried oregano)
* Alternate Mushrooms: Common Store Mushrooms, Meadow Mushroom
Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer very slowly for 10 minutes. Mix gently a few times. Allow the mushrooms to cool in the liquid. Drain and serve with toothpicks.
This recipe yields 12 appetizer servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Piroshki Variation 0/5 (0 Votes)