- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 green onions chopped
- 3/4 pound mushrooms* sliced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill (or 1/4 tspn dried dill)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Alternate Mushrooms: Boletes, Chanterelle, Common Store Mushroom, Shaggy Mane
In a large saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Gradually stir in the paprika and flour. Add the broth. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Lightly beat together the egg yolks, yogurt, and dill. Stir about 1 cup of the hot soup into the egg mixture. Return it to the soup and cook, stirring over very low heat just until it thickens. Do not allow it to boil. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 to 5 first course servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Piroshki Variation 0/5 (0 Votes)