Tomato Basil Frittata
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. sliced fresh basil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat oven to 350. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until softened. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and beat slightly. Pour eggs over the vegetables and top with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Lower the heat slightly and cook until edges are set and middle is cooked halfway through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to preheated oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until fully set and cooked through.
Using oven mitts, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.