- 2 ounces dried mushrooms (or 1/2 lb fresh small mushrooms)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water or more
- 1 cup half and half
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch freshly-ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flour
* Alternate Mushrooms: Black Chanterelle, Boletes, Fairy Ring Mushroom, Morels
If using dried mushrooms, quickly run water over the mushrooms in a colander to remove any sand just before cooking.
In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter and add the water. Add the mushrooms and cook slowly (for about 3 minutes) until the caps are soft. Add more water if needed. Add the half and half, salt, and white pepper. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Blend the water and flour together and slowly stir into the sauce. Cook and stir 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
This recipe yields 1 cup.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Piroshki Variation 0/5 (0 Votes)