Corn and Lobster Bisque
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp A/P Flour
- 1/2 cup yellow onions, minced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 tbsp celery, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fish stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp old bay
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced
• Heat the oil in a dutch oven over med-heat.
• Add the flour a tbsp at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until blended
• Continue stirring to make a light brown roux, 5-10 min.
• Add the onions, corn, shallots, celery, garlic, salt and cayenne and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, about 4 min.
• Slowly stir in the stock
• Add the bay leaves and bring to a boil
• Add the milk, cream and old bay, reduce heat to med-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 min.
• Stir in the lobster meat and green onions and simmer for 5 min.
• Remove and discard the bay leaves