- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pinch saffron
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Place the chicken broth in a saucepan; add the saffron and bring the broth to a boil. Remove from the heat. In a saucepan, melt the butter with the olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add the rice; cook and stir until golden. Add the heated chicken broth 1 cup at a time, simmering and stirring occasionally until each cup is absorbed and the rice is creamy. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serve immediately on a platter with the cheese sprinkled on top.
This recipe yields 4 side dish servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Chutney 0/5 (0 Votes)