- 3 pounds mushrooms* - (to 4) cut 1/4" slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Few grains of cayenne
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch to prevent caking
* Alternate Mushrooms: Boletes, Black Chanterelle, Puffballs, Shaggy Parasol Mushroom
Dry the mushroom slices (see Preserving Mushrooms). When the slices are nearly dry, remove in 2 to 3 batches to baking sheets. Place in a preheated 300 degree oven and toast until golden brown. After the slices have cooled, place a few at a time in a blender or a food processor and blend to a fine powder. Repeat this procedure until all the mushrooms have been pulverized. Add the other ingredients and blend.
Store in a glass container with a tightly closed top.
This recipe yields about 1 cup.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Chutney 0/5 (0 Votes)