Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
Cake mix makes this recipe super easy! Each cupcake is adorned with a slice of pineapple and maraschino cherry half, they look and taste great!
- 1 can (20 ounce) sliced pineapple, drained, juice reserved
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 12 maraschino cherries, cut in half
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
Cut each pineapple slice into 4 pieces; set aside. In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, eggs and reserved pineapple juice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
In small bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture into each muffin cup. Top each with 2 pineapple pieces. Place cherry half, cut side up, in center of pineapple pieces. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cupcakes to loosen; invert onto cookie sheet. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime... 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Texas Caviar 4.3/5 (108 Votes)
- Sour Cream and Bacon Crockpot... 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- Cabbage: Fried Cabbage with Bacon... 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- Herb Roasted Potatoes 4.6/5 (73 Votes)
- Loaded Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler 4.7/5 (63 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)