COLD ASIAN NOODLES WITH PORK
- 2medium2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 33 Kirby cucumbers, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/21/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3cup1/3 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4ounces4 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 1/2pounds1 1/2 pounds boneless center-cut pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon hoisin sauce, plus more for brushing
- 2cups2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, basil and/or mint
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil; remove from the heat, add the noodles and let stand 8 minutes. Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water, then snip into smaller pieces with kitchen shears.
- Per serving: Calories 476; Fat 20 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 78 mg; Sodium 618 mg; Carbohydrate 38 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 36 g
- Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
- Print Recipe
- Browse Similar Recipes
Make the pickled vegetables: Put the carrots, cucumbers and jalapeno in a bowl. Heat the rice vinegar and fish sauce in a saucepan, then pour over the vegetables. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper and set aside, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the noodles and pork.Bring a small pot of water to a boil; remove from the heat, add the noodles and let stand 8 minutes. Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water, then snip into smaller pieces with kitchen shears.
Meanwhile, season the pork lightly with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Brush each chop with hoisin sauce; turn and cook 30 seconds. Brush with more hoisin sauce, turn and cook 30 more seconds. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
Divide the noodles among bowls. Strain the pickled vegetables, reserving the liquid. Stir 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce and the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into the reserved liquid; drizzle over the noodles. Top with the pork, pickled vegetables, lettuce and herbs.
Per serving: Calories 476; Fat 20 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 78 mg; Sodium 618 mg; Carbohydrate 38 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 36 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Browse Similar Recipes
You'll also love
- Zippy Beef Bake Recipe 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Tapas: Sourdough Toasts with... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Ziti with Sausage and... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin with... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- World’s Best Tuna-Noodle... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Teriyaki Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (13 Votes)