Mini Caprese Salad Bites
These mini caprese bites feature cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil with a drizzle each of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- 1 large package cherry tomatoes
- 8 to 10 sticks mozzarella string cheese or 1 container pearl-sized Buffalo mozzarella
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from livingeventfully.com
Rinse and pat dry the cherry tomatoes. Remove all stems. The tops of the cherry tomato are usually flat, so I cut off the bottom more rounded portion to get inside the tomato. Use a sharp paring knife cut a thin slice off the bottom. Scoop out the seeds with a melon baller or the paring knife. Discard the seedy centers.
Place the tomato cut side down on a paper towel to drain liquid.Depending on the size of your cherry tomatoes cut the mozzarella sticks into bite size pieces that will fit nicely into the tomato.
Rinse and gently pat dry the basil. Hand tear generous pieces to go in the middle of each tomato.
To assemble, line your scooped out cherry tomatoes on a cutting board or cookie sheet. Season to taste with fresh ground pepper and kosher salt. Line each tomato with a piece of basil, gently pushing it to the bottom of the tomato. Top off with a piece of mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Best served when cheese is at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Chicken Empanadas 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Hot Crab Dip 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Cool & Creamy Grape Salad 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Chinese Slaw 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Paleo Broccoli Salad 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Asparagus & French Green Bean Salad 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad with... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Watermelon Peach Caprese Salad 4.6/5 (8 Votes)