Fish: MahiMahi Rockefeller
- 1 pound bacon
- 4 (6 ounce) MahiMahi fillets
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 green onions, chopped 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (10ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained ( or use fresh spinach)
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk, plus more as needed ( or use heavy cream )
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
1place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over med- high heat, turning occasionally
Until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel lined plate, then chop. Set aside. Season MahiMahi with seasoning garlic salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
Cook fish until it flakes easily, ten to fifteen minuts. Remove from skillet and place each fillet on a baking dish.
2. Preheat the ovens broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
3. While the fish is cooking, melt the butter in a separate skillet. Stir in the green onions, garlic, and spinach. Cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 ,inured. Stir in the chopped bacon, hot pepper sauce, and evaporated milk. Bring to a low simmer, then add the Monterey Jack cheese a little at a time until fully melted. Stir in more evaporated milk, if needed, to create a sauce. Divide the spinach mixture evenly over the fish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4. Broil in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes more.