Goat Cheese And Mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms* thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon (or 1/4 tspn dried tarragon)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces goat cheese
* Alternate Mushroom: Common Store Mushroom, Shaggy Parasol
Cover the bottom of a buttered 8- by 8-inch baking pan with the tomatoes. Layer the mushrooms on top. Add the salt, pepper, and tarragon.
In a small sauté pan or skillet, slowly brown the bread crumbs in the butter and then add this mixture to the mushrooms. Crumble the cheese on top and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 side dish servings.
You'll also love
- .Shaggy Mane Mushroom 0/5 (0 Votes)