Strawberry Shortcake Tea Party Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup white corn syrup (Karo)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons Strawberry flavor
- 2 drops of Americolor “Electric Pink” food coloring gel or equal
This recipe can also be doubled successfully.
1. Pop the popcorn kernels. Set aside in 2 large bowls.
2. Over medium heat, melt the butter in a medium sauce pan.
3. Add the corn syrup and water. Stir.
4. Add the sugar. Make sure not to let any sugar stick to the edges of the pan. If one
grain of sugar is left undissolved, it can cause the whole batch to crystallize.
5. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until the mixture reaches 235-245 degrees.
(Please use a candy thermometer). It is important for the mixture to reach this
temperature, if it doesn’t the candy will not harden properly.
6. Add the baking soda and stir quickly as the mixture begins to bubble. Once bubbly
and frothy, remove the pan from heat.
7. Add the flavor and food coloring until mixed in.
8. Pour over the popped popcorn in both bowls. Fold into the popcorn until evenly
You'll also love
- The Brigantine's Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon, Wild West Marinade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Yucatan Scallops with Avocado Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chop and Cabbage Casserole -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corned Beef Dill Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Cheese Box or Ring 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Heaven Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Santa Fe Trail Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)