Grilled Asparagus with Fried Eggs & Parmesan
nutrition facts (Gale Gand's Grilled Asparagus with Fried Eggs & Parmesan)
Servings Per Recipe 4, Calories 225, Protein (gm) 16, Carbohydrate (gm) 4, Fat, total (gm) 16, Cholesterol (mg) 381, Saturated fat (gm) 6, Monosaturated fat (gm) 7, Polyunsaturated fat (gm) 2, Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 1, Sugar, total (gm) 2, Vitamin A (IU) 1069, Vitamin C (mg) 3, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 1, Niacin (mg) 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 77, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Sodium (mg) 527, Potassium (mg) 273, Calcium (DV %) 131, Iron (DV %) 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 2 pounds asparagus spears (about 40)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 8 eggs
- Coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Cooking time 25mins
1. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. In a large bowl toss asparagus with olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Rub oil onto asparagus spears to coat evenly.
2. Grill asparagus, covered, directly over medium-hot coals for 5 minutes, turning once.
3. Meanwhile, heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add butter and wait until it foams. Add eggs to hot butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. Divide asparagus among four plates. Place two eggs on each mound of asparagus. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.