- 1 pound mushrooms* minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 shallots or green onions minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
* Alternate Mushrooms: Blewit, Boletes, Common Store Mushroom
Place the minced mushrooms in the center of a cotton tea towel. Twist the ends of the towel to squeeze as much liquid from the mushrooms as possible, collecting the juices in a bowl. Save the juice for another dish.
In a sauté pan or skillet, sauté the mushrooms, onion, and shallots in the butter until the onion is translucent. Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Continue to cook, stirring until nearly all the moisture is evaporated.
This recipe yields 1 cup.