- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup shelled, unsalted roasted pistachios, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated tangerine zest (or any other citrus zest of your preference)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Heat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
Combine butter and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add pistachios, zest, salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract and continue mixing until ingredients are well incorporated. Add flour and mix just until incorporated, about 30 seconds (do not overmix).
Shape dough into tablespoon-size balls. Place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until bottoms begin to brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on the baking sheets, about 10 minutes.
Pour remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Working with 5 or 6 at a time, place warm cookies in the powdered sugar, turning gently to thickly coat (you should see very little of the cookie underneath). Let cool and recoat in powdered sugar if a thicker coat is desired. Repeat with remaining cookies.