Vegan Blueberry Scones
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose organic flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash sea salt
- 3/4 cup raw turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance or other vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soymilk or rice milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease cookie sheet lightly with baking spray or oil.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and dash of salt. Add in sugar, butter mix with fingers until you get a crumb consistency ,then make a well in the middle and add soymilk mixed with lemon juice and mix until just combined.
3. Stir in blueberries last and Mix Very Gently. Do not over mix!
4. (Over mixing dough with berries can cause your scone to have a dullish purple/gray hue rather than a warm buttery color.)
5. Drop dough into 6-8 balls on cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.