Tasty Tiny Meatloaves
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp. dried basil or oregano
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot and 1 small zucchini, coarsely shredded to make a 1/2 cup each
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup ketchup or BBQ sauce
Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, combine oats, basil, salt, pepper, milk and eggs. Let stand for 5 mins. Meanwhile, peel carrot and shred veggies. Add to bowl. Add ground meat and blend well with a fork. Scoop mixture evenly into a 12-cup muffin pan. Pack lightly and flatten tops. Spread with ketchup or BBQ sauce. Place pan on baking sheet to catch drips. Bake 20 mins. until thermometer inserted in centre reads 165F. Remove with 2 spoons, draining off excess liquid.
Can double recipe and freeze a batch up to 2 months. Options: 2 cloves roasted garlic mashed into mixture.