Chicken Breasts With Chanterelle Mushrooms
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley washed, patted dry, and chopped
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons wild rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 pound chanterelle mushrooms washed, trimmed, patted dry, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Cook the wild rice according to the package directions and drain thoroughly. Use a sharp knife to cut pockets into each chicken breast and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat, then add the mushrooms and the minced shallot. Cook for five to seven minutes, or until the mushrooms are wilted and cooked through. Stir the mushrooms into the cooked rice, adding the chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Fill the pockets in the chicken breasts with the mushroom mixture, securing them with a toothpick. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the chicken breasts, covered, for about seven minutes on each side. Serve piping hot.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (383 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings 4.5/5 (311 Votes)