PEANUT BUTTER CORNFLAKE COOKIES
- Recipe By :
- Serving Size : 24 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Cookies
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 box cornflakes (12 oz., about 8 cups)
In 5 quart saucepot, mix sugar and corn syrup; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring frequently. Boil 1 minute.
Remove saucepot from heat and stir in peanut butter until blended. Add cornflakes, stirring gently to coat.
Working quickly, drop mixture by 1/4 cups, 2 inches apart, on countertop lined with waxed paper or foil. Shape each cookie with fingers into a rounded mound if necessary. Let cookies stand 20-30 minutes at room temperature to set. Store cookies in tightly covered container at room temperature.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : For variety, stir in 1/2 cup dried tart cherries or cranberries with the peanut butter