Ciceri e tria (Tagliatelle with Chickpeas)
- 2 1/2 cups dried chickpeas
- 1 pound fresh egg tagliatelle
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Adapted from jovinacooksitalian.com
Soak the chickpeas in water the night before (for about 12 hours) adding a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda. In a large pan, heat the olive oil. Saute the onion, celery and garlic and then add the tomatoes, the chickpeas and the bay leaves. Cover the mixture with ample water, season with salt and pepper and simmer until the chick peas soften.
Add the fresh pasta simmer until the pasta is cooked. Remove the bay leaves. Serve in pasta bowls.