Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
4 points plus
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 219 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium,
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare cake mix batter
•according to package directions, decreasing water by 1 tablespoon
•and adding lemon curd, lemon juice and lemon peel before mixing
•batter. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake and cool cupcakes
•as package directs.
•In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, jam and milk
•until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes; top with strawberries.
•Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.