- 2 pounds boneless coot breasts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 medium onions sliced, and separated into rings
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms fresh or canned
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pound egg noodles cooked per
- the package directions
Slice the coot breasts across the grain into thin strips. Mix flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne in a bag, add coot strips, and shake until coated.
Melt butter in a large skillet. Brown meat lightly in butter over medium heat. Add onion rings, mushrooms and water. Cover and cook over low heat 1 hour or until tender.
Stir in sour cream and heat through, but do not boil after sour cream has been added. Serve over cooked noodles.
This recipe yields ?? servings.