- 3 pieces venison medallions - (2 oz ea)
- 1 ounce clarified butter or oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 4 ounces wild mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons grained mustard
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces cognac
- Flour for dusting
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In hot pan add butter. Dredge medallions in flour. Saute quickly. Take out of pan.
Add shallots and herbs to pan. Saute. Add mushrooms and flambe with cognac. Add heavy cream and reduce until desired thickness.
Wisk in mustard. Add seasonings and medallions. Serve.
This recipe yields 1 serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (280 Votes)