Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Peppers puts a healthy twist on your usual stuffed pepper routine. Filled with hearty quinoa, protein-packed black beans, fresh spinach, tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and zesty spices, this recipe is sure to become a hit on your dinner table tonight. Serve with a lightly dressed side salad or rice pilaf recipe of your choice and this meal is complete.
- 4 bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for pan
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush a thin layer of olive oil across the bottom of a large baking dish.
In a large sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin and paprika, season with salt & pepper, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the black beans, spinach, quinoa, and tomatoes, and mix together to fully combine. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in fresh cilantro.
Fill each of the pepper halves with the bean and quinoa mixture and place in the baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Note: When reheating leftover peppers, sprinkle a spoonful of vegetable stock over the stuffing to keep it moist.
You'll also love
- Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned... 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Zesty Quinoa Salad 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Colorful Spring Quinoa Bowl 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- 30-Minute Kale, White Bean &... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Ultimate Chicken Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad with Avocado... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Sautéed Cod with Pea Cream 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Peeps Christmas Cupcakes 4.4/5 (11 Votes)