- 2 trout with heads on - (8 to 10 oz ea)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Combine tarragon leaves and vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cool, and add the remaining ingredients. Pour the marinade over the trout. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
Cook the trout on a charcoal grill for 3 to 4 minutes brushing occasionally with marinade.
This recipe yields 2 servings.