Snow Goose Cassoulet
- 1 pound dried great northern beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme or marjoram
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pound mild pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound cooked goose meat cut small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter
Soak the beans overnight in water to cover.
Next day, simmer with bay leaf, parsley sprigs, thyme or marjoram sprig, salt, black pepper and one clove of garlic until almost tender.
Mince the remaining clove of garlic, and fry with crumbled sausage and chopped onion till sausage is brown.
Arrange a layer of the cooked beans in the bottom of a large casserole dish, then a layer of goose meat, then more beans and then sausage. Continue layering this way almost to the top of the dish.
Now mix the wine and tomato puree, and pour over the casserole. Top with dried bread crumbs mixed with the parsley and butter.
Bake at 350 degrees until the beans are tender.
This recipe yields ?? servings.