Shredded Chicken and Tomatillo Tacos with Queso Fresco
- 6 tomatillos, washed and grilled until blackened
- 1 serrano, grilled until blackened
- olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 T. honey
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 blue corn tortillos
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
Preheat the grill to medium. Add the blackened tomatillos and serrano to a small saute pan and briefly saute in a little olive oil on the grates of the grill.
Place the tomatillos, serrano, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and honey in a bloender and blend until smooth. Place the tomatillo mixture in a large saute pan and place on the grates of the grill. Bring the mixture to a simmer, add the chicken, and heat through.
Place the tortillos on the grill, and grill for 20 seconds on each side. Spoon the chicken mixture into the tortillos and top with a few tablespoons of queso fresco. Fold the tortillos in half and serve immediately.