Key West Spicy Chicken
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 lbs / 900 gr free-range organic chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped
Adapted from theironyou.com
In a blender, combine soy sauce, honey, olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, ginger, Sriracha and salt. Blend until completely smooth.
In a shallow sealable container or in a large Ziploc bag, combine chicken chunks and marinade. Cover or seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (marinate overnight for fullest flavor).
Heat a grill or a grill pan to medium-high (if you’re using an outdoor grill lightly oil the grill grates).
Grill the chicken kebabs, until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes turning regularly, until juices run clear.
Transfer kebabs to a platter and top with chopped cilantro.