Rabbit In Tarragon Sauce
- 2 rabbits cut serving pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped peeled carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Flour as needed
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
Season rabbit with salt and pepper. Place olive oil in skillet and brown rabbit. Remove meat and drain on paper towel.
Add onion, carrot and celery to skillet. Saute 5 minutes. Stir in enough flour to make a paste. Blend in broth, sherry and tarragon. Return rabbit to skillet.
Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Baste meat frequently for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove rabbit to serving platter and keep warm in oven.
Strain and degrease sauce, discarding vegetables. Return remaining sauce to skillet and add cream. Simmer until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add mustard and parsley. Pour sauce over rabbit and serve.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)