Bacon Onion Cheddar Biscuits
From "The Pioneer Woman"
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Shortening (crisco, Etc)
- 10 Tablespoons Milk (whole Milk Is Best)
- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 whole Egg
- 10 slices Thick Cut Bacon, Fried And Crumbled
- 1 cup Finely Diced Onion
- 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter, cut in shortening until all combined.
Combine milk, oil, and egg in a separate bowl. Whisk together.
Combine flour mixture, milk mixture, bacon, onions, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Stir gently until all combined.
Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes on 375 degrees until golden Remove from pan and serve warm.
You'll also love
- K's Southern Fried Green Tomatoes 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Prosciutto Asparagus 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan with Italian... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Tacos with Spinach, Mushroom,... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pork Chop Casserole 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Broiled Bacon-Wrapped Chicken with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chop an Onion - Pioneer Woman 4.5/5 (11 Votes)