Pan-Fried Bass With Bacon-Pepper Potatoes
- 4 bass fillets - (abt 8 oz ea)
- 6 slices bacon cut 1" pieces
- 4 medium potatoes peeled, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper in strips
- 1 jar whole pimientos - (4 oz) drained, and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Saute the bacon pieces in a large cast-iron skillet until almost, but not quite, crisp. Spoon out a little of the bacon grease into a cup (to cook the fish in), and add potatoes, green pepper and pimientos. Cook, stirring, until potatoes are nicely browned and bacon is crisp.
While the potatoes are cooking, shake together the corn meal, flour, salt and pepper in a zip-seal plastic bag. Add the fish fillets, and shake to coat.
Push the potatoes to one side of the skillet, then add the extra bacon grease, and heat. Add as many fish fillets as you can without crowding them, and cook until the coating is crispy and golden. Cook remaining fillets, and serve piping hot with potatoes on the side.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.4/5 (330 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (294 Votes)
- Garfish Mississippi 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fried Squirrel With Onion Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Of Goose Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Wild Turkey Fingers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Turkey Breast With Tons Of... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin En Croute 0/5 (0 Votes)