Pan-Fried Bass With Bacon-Pepper Potatoes
- 4 bass fillets - (abt 8 oz ea)
- 6 slices bacon cut 1" pieces
- 4 medium potatoes peeled, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper in strips
- 1 jar whole pimientos - (4 oz) drained, and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Saute the bacon pieces in a large cast-iron skillet until almost, but not quite, crisp. Spoon out a little of the bacon grease into a cup (to cook the fish in), and add potatoes, green pepper and pimientos. Cook, stirring, until potatoes are nicely browned and bacon is crisp.
While the potatoes are cooking, shake together the corn meal, flour, salt and pepper in a zip-seal plastic bag. Add the fish fillets, and shake to coat.
Push the potatoes to one side of the skillet, then add the extra bacon grease, and heat. Add as many fish fillets as you can without crowding them, and cook until the coating is crispy and golden. Cook remaining fillets, and serve piping hot with potatoes on the side.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.5/5 (311 Votes)