Maura's Stew-pendous Beef Stew
Maura's Stew-pendous Beef Stew is as stupendous as beef stew can get, with rich flavors of herbes de provence, balsamic vinegar, and bright cilantro, this soup goes well with crusty bread on a cold day.
- 2-pounds stew beef cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large thin-skinned potato, not peeled, cut into 3/4-inches pieces
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 180mins
Pat beef dry with paper towels and sprinkle all over with seasoned salt. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add half the beef cubes, cook, turning occasionally until all sides brown. Remove from pot. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and remaining beef.
Set all beef aside.
Add onions, celery, and garlic to same pot. You may need to add a little bit more olive oil to keep from sticking. Stir and cook until vegetables are tender. Add beef to pan and add herbes de provence. Add beef broth, tomato paste, vinegar, bay leaves, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir in white potatoes and carrots. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Make sure the heat is on low and the stew does not boil. Cover and simmer for 25 more minutes.
Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water, until smooth. Add to stew. Cook until bubbling, then add peas and cilantro. Cook around 5 more minutes then serve.
You'll also love
- Turban Squash Pie 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- One-Pot Black Pepper Chicken 4.1/5 (57 Votes)
- Heavenly Halibut 4/5 (47 Votes)
- Easy Macaroni Salad with Ham 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Bush’s Best Three Bean Chili 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pork tenderloin 4/5 (46 Votes)
- Tasty Beef Chili with Liver 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spiced Tamales 4.7/5 (9 Votes)