Lemon Fried Perch
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 1/2 pounds perch fillets (thicker the better)
Combine the flour, lemon zest, salt, pepper. Now stir in the 1 cup of cold water and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
In a deep skillet or deep fat fryer, heat the oil, (at least 1 1/2 to 3 inches deep) to 375 degrees.
Coat fish fillets with flour, then dip in the chilled batter. Fry only a few pieces at a time, turning occasionally, until they are light golden brown. Drain on paper towels, keep warm till remaining fish is cooked.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Garfish Mississippi 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fried Squirrel With Onion Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Turkey Breast With Tons Of... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Salmon Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Marinated Fish With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Ham With Orange Pan Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store's... 0/5 (0 Votes)