Lemon Fried Perch
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 1/2 pounds perch fillets (thicker the better)
Combine the flour, lemon zest, salt, pepper. Now stir in the 1 cup of cold water and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
In a deep skillet or deep fat fryer, heat the oil, (at least 1 1/2 to 3 inches deep) to 375 degrees.
Coat fish fillets with flour, then dip in the chilled batter. Fry only a few pieces at a time, turning occasionally, until they are light golden brown. Drain on paper towels, keep warm till remaining fish is cooked.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)