CREAMY FETTUCCINI WITH PEAS & HAM
- 1 9-ounce package fresh fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) thinly sliced reduced-fat ham, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add peas, half-and-half, cheese, and pepper; bring to a simmer. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently (do not allow mixture to boil).
Stir in pasta and ham.