Delightful Chocolate Truffles
It's easy to fool your family and friends wiht candy making expertise! No one will beleive these decadent and delicious treats are actually simple to make. Bring a few to every party.
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- coatings; 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, coconut flakes or finely chopped walnuts.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 18mins
1. In work bowl of food processor or medium, heatproof bowl, place chocolate.
2. In small saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and vanilla. Heat, stirring, until just starts to boil.
3. Remove saucepan from heat and immediately pour over chocolate in work bowl. Process for 15 to 20 seconds or stir together until chocolate has completely melted and is smooth.
4. Pour into 13x9 inch baking dish and refrigerate until mixture is set, about 18 mins.
5. Put desired coatings into individual bowls. Using melon baller or two teaspoons, scoop chocolate mixture into approximately 1 inch balls and toss in cocoa powder or other coating. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.