- 2 ounds freshwater drum fillets - (to 3) cut bite size
- 1 pint oysters
- 1/2 pound deveined peeled shrimp
- 1 can crab meat - (6 1/2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 5 cups water
- 1 can tomatoes - (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
In a 4- to 5-quart dutch oven, melt butter. Add olive oil and blend in flour. Cook, stirring, till light brown.
Add onion, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring, until vegetables begin to brown. Gradually stir in water. Cut tomatoes and add, with their juice.
Add wine, parsley, lemon juice, bay leaf, salt, saffron, cayenne and 1/4 of the fish. Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes.
Add the rest of the fish and cook 5 to 8 minutes more.
Add all the shellfish, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until seafood is done.
This recipe yields ?? servings.