- 6 cloves garlic, chop
- 1 TBSP fish sauce
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 3 TBSP veg oil
- 3/4 lb beef sirloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, thin sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp japanese style soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp EVO
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, tough stems removed
In nonreactive bowl, stir together half of garlic, fish sauce, sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 TBSP veg oil, add beef, turn to coat. cover let stand 30 mins or fridge up to 3 hours.
make salad in bowl. toss onion and vinegar let stand 4 mins. blend soy sauce, EVOO, sugar 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. add to onion, mix well, add watercress. toss
Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat, add 2 TBSP oil and swirl to coat, when hot add remaining garlic and stir fry light brown, 1 min. Add beef in single layer, cook, sear, 1-2 mins. turn and sear second side, 3 mins. arrange on salad.