Dutch Oven Venison Chili
- 1 pound venison burger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder more or less to
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (or a 12 oz can)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (or a 4 oz can)
- 1 can kidney beans - (16 oz)
Set the Dutch oven over hot coals and heat for 10 minutes. Add oil when the Dutch oven is hot and sauté the onion and green pepper. Add burger and brown. Add salt, pepper and chili powder to taste.
Mix in sugar and tomatoes. Cover the Dutch oven and regulate the heat so the mixture simmers. Cook slowly for 45 minutes.
Add kidney beans and mushrooms, simmer another 15 minutes and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.