Dutch Oven Venison Chili
- 1 pound venison burger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder more or less to
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (or a 12 oz can)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (or a 4 oz can)
- 1 can kidney beans - (16 oz)
Set the Dutch oven over hot coals and heat for 10 minutes. Add oil when the Dutch oven is hot and sauté the onion and green pepper. Add burger and brown. Add salt, pepper and chili powder to taste.
Mix in sugar and tomatoes. Cover the Dutch oven and regulate the heat so the mixture simmers. Cook slowly for 45 minutes.
Add kidney beans and mushrooms, simmer another 15 minutes and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (813 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)