- 1 rabbit washed, diced
- 4 ounces fat bacon finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 8 ounces mixed carrots, leeks and turnips diced
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Finely-chopped parsley for garnish
Saute the bacon in a large saucepan with the onion, carrots, turnips, rabbit, curry powder and Worcestershire sauce for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the water and bring to the boil. Season with salt and pepper and reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, until the rabbit is tender about 1 1/2 hours.
Blend the milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring continuously, and cook until the sauce is smooth and thick. Add more salt and pepper if necessary, and serve at once, garnishing with parsley.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)