- 1 mallard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup oil (olive oil is the best)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 cup burgundy wine
Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Brown the bird on all sides. Cover the breast with the strips of bacon. Pour the wine over the duck. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for one hour.
Once in while, uncover and baste the duck with the pan juices, and turning a few times within the one hour.
Meanwhile combine the sugars, and cornstarch in a pan. Add the orange rind, the orange juice, salt and the pepper. Simmer till it thickens. Add the orange liqueur and keep stirring for a few more minutes.
When you serve the duck, pour the sauce over to evenly coat the finished product. It is really delicious.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Henke's Hunter's Venison 4.9/5 (11 Votes)