Cajun Crawfish Boil
- 25 pounds live crawfish - (to 30)
- 2 boxes salt
- 6 bags crab/crawfish boil
- 1 small bottle liquid crab boil
- 6 ears corn broken in half
- 6 medium onions peeled
- 10 small red potatoes
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 lemons cut in half
- 4 whole onions
- 1/3 cup cayenne pepper
Make sure your boiling pot is large enough to hold all the crawfish and enough water to cover them at least two inches. Fill the pot with water.
Add everything except crawfish, and bring to a boil. Add crawfish to the pot, let the water come back to a full boil, cover, and allow to boil five to seven minutes. Turn off the fire. Let stand with lid on for 15 to 20 minutes.
Drain crawfish and dump onto a newspaper-covered table. Chow down. Serves six to ten people.
This recipe yields 6 to 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)