Blueberry Streusel Cobbler
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 (14oz.) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk - not evaporated
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 chopped nuts
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blueberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar,
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pint blueberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 85mins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a bowl, combine blueberries, Eagle Brand and peel.
2. In a large bowl, cut 3/4 cup butter into 1 and 1/2 cups biscuit mix until crumbly; add blueberry mixture. Spread in greased 9 inch square baking pan.
3. In small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Add nuts. Sprinkle over cobbler.
4. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and Blueberry Sauce. Refrigerate leftovers
In saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, nutmeg. Gradually add water and stir until thickened. Stir in 1 pint blueberries; cook and stir until hot.