Spirited Chocolate Crepes
If you've never made crepes, you're in from a surprise thanks to non sitck skillets they're a breeze. A quick blender batter, a smiple fruit filling and a microwavalbe sauce will make a believer out of you!
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (4 oz)
- 2 tbsp rum or orange juice
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tbsp softened butter
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. In blender, process milk, egg flour, cocoa and 1 tbsp sugar until smooth; pour into small bowl; set aside.
2. To make sauce, in small microwave safe bowl, heat cream until very hot, about 2 mins. Add chocolate chips; do not stir. Cover with foil and let stand 5 mins. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and glossy; stir in 1 tbsp rum.
3. In medium bowl, combine remaining rum and sugar; gently stir in strawberries.
4. Heat 9 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. With paper towl, lightly coat skillet with softened butter. Pour in scant 1/4 cup of batter, then quickly tilt and rotate pan so batter covers bottom of pan iwth thin layer. Cook over medium heat 1 min.
5. Loosen edge of crepe with metal spatula; turn with fingers. Cook second side about 15 seconds. Slide crepe out onto platter. Repeat wiht remaining batter, buttering pan before esch crepe.
6. To serve, spoon berries onto one quarter of each crepe. Fold crepes in half, then in halk again to form wedges. Top with sauce.