- 2 pounds bowfin fillets - (to 3) cut bite sized
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies - (10 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can sliced mushrooms - (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Hot cooked rice for serving
Heat peanut oil in a heavy pot, and fry fish pieces 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove fish from oil, and add chopped onion, green pepper and garlic. Saute until tender, and drain oil.
Add diced tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce, water and fish, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 45 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, and continue cooking over low heat for 15 minutes. Serve hot over cooked rice.
This recipe yields ?? servings.