Swiss Mushroom Chicken
The creamy, cheesy sauce in this upscale but homey dish has a hint of wine that gives the checken great flavor with minimal fuss. A topping of stuffing and savory parmesan cheese caps the casserole.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 cup thinley sliced white muchrooms
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed ceam of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (8 oz) pkg stuffing mix for chicken
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut chicken breasts inot 1 inch cubes; set aside.
2. In large skillet over medium high heat, melt 1 tbsp butter. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until they give off most of their liquid. Add chicken to skillet; cook until cubes lose pink color, about 3 mins. Put chicken and mushrooms into 13×9 baking dish.
3. In medium mixing bowl, stir together soup and wine until smooth. Lay Swiss cheese clices over chiken mixture; spon sauce evenly over top.
4. Cover with stuffing mix; sprinkele parmesan on top. In small bowl covered with plastic wrap, melt remaining 3 tbsp butter in microwave on medium, about 30 seconds. Pour evenly over topping.
5 Cover with aluminum foil and bake 10 mins. Remove foil; bake until top is golden, about 9 mins.