Thai Noodle Salad
This is a healthy noodle dish that can be served either hot or cold but traditionally it is served at room temperature
This was good, really good! The spicy, sour, salty taste was a nice change for my taste buds too! Cooking ethnic foods can be intimidating but this recipe should be anything but. The hardest part is chopping all those veggies but I promise all the hard work will be worth it!!
- ■4 bunches of transparent noodles
- ■2 cups Veggie broth
- ■1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ■juice of 2-3 limes
- ■1 tsp salt
- ■1/2 -1 jalapeno, chopped fine (amount will depend on how hot you like it!!)
- ■1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ■4 green onions, chopped
- ■2 stalks celery sliced thin
- ■1/2 red bell pepper diced
- ■1/2 cup carrots, sliced into matchsticks (you can find pre-cut or shredded carrots at most grocery stores
- ■1/2 cup shitake mushrooms
- ■1/2 cup green cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- ■4-6 whole cabbage leaves for wrapping
Adapted from lindawagner.net
First, bring your broth to a boil and blanch the chopped veggies by adding them to the boiling water and then removing them quickly with a slotted spoon. This will soften the veggies but they’ll still maintain a really nice crunch.
Next, boil your noodles in the remaining broth until they become clear or transparent.
Toss all ingredients with with oil, lime juice, and salt (you can also add a little extra broth if you need to). Garnish with green onions and cilantro and eat as is or wrapped in a half or whole cabbage leaf.