Venison Roast With Cider
- 4 pounds venison roast
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch - (to 3)
Cut several slits in the roast and rub with oil.
In a small bowl mix pepper, salt, flour, oregano, thyme, rosemary and garlic salt. Add just enough water to make a paste. Rub paste into meat, working into each slit.
Place meat in baking dish containing apple cider, lemon juice, and water. Bake uncovered in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
Baste with juices and cider mixture. Cover. Roast another 1 1/2 hours or until well done, basting every 15 or 20 minutes.
Slice thin and make gravy from pan juices by thickening with cornstarch, if desired. (Combine 2 or 3 teaspoons cornstarch with water and then add to pan juices. Cook until thickened.)
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)