- 3-4 lbs. lean beef, cut into 1" cubes
- Flour for dusting
- Garlic Salt
- 1/4 cup Oil for frying
- 2 Lg. (15 oz.) Cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 Lg. (14.5 oz.) Cans Sliced Stewed Tomatoes
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 4 celery sticks, chopped about 1/2" thick
- 6 Lg. Potatoes, cubed slightly smaller that 1"
- 2 Large Carrots, chopped about 1/2" thick
- 1 tbsp Sriracha, optional
- 1 TBSP Fresh Garlic
- Few pinches of Salt and Blk. Pepper
- 8 cups water
Adapted from facebook.com
Sprinkle Garlic Salt/Blk Pepper on meat. Coat with flour and fry in pot with about oil, making sure to brown all sides.
In Slow Cooker, add the following: Tomato Sauce, Stewed Tomatoes, Bay Leaves, onion, celery sticks, Potatoes, and Carrots and water. If you like it spicy, Sriracha, Garlic Salt, Blk. Pepper
When meat is all browned, add this to pot, making sure to also add in all the contents of pot, including all the browned pieces and oil.
Set Crock on high for 6 hours. Make sure you have hot rice!
Everything should be fork tender when it's done! Mix stew and taste if need more salt/blk. pepper or even more Sriracha.